14 Hour Pre-licensing Course (18+ years older)
Please see our schedule of classes for the dates of our 14 Hour Pre-licensing Course. Classes are from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Cost: $375 (money order) ($75 Classroom Fee and $300 Behind-the-Wheel Fee)
Cost: $390 (debit or credit card) ($75 Classroom Fee, $300 Behind-the-Wheel Fee, and $15 card processing fee)
Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections Office of Motor Vehicles requires anyone 18 years of age or older who wants to get a driver’s license must take a 14 Hour Pre-licensing Course, which includes 6 hours of in-class instruction and 8 hours of behind the wheel driving and to complete a Road Skills Test.
The 14 Hour Pre-licensing course includes the following:
- Basic rules and regulations
- Specific proactive/defensive driving techniques
- Prepare the student for the Knowledge Exam that is now offered by Bass Driving School. The Knowledge Exam now replaces the computer test once taken at the DMV. This law was effective August 1, 2014.
- ROAD SKILLS TEST (Additional $40 administration fee and $10 fee for certified vehicle/administrator/insurance). This is payable the day the Road Skills Test is taken. Any student that takes a course from a Private Driving School Facility must also take the Road Skills Test through that facility (Louisiana mandated law).
Classes offered (We work with your schedule as much as possible)
- Saturdays (9 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.)
- After successfully passing the 6 hours of in-class instruction (Knowledge Test), we will schedule your 8 hours of behind-the-wheel driving.
Important notice: Anyone 15 to 17 years of age wanting to acquire their license must take the 38 Basic Driving Course, which includes 30 hours of in-class instruction and 8 hours of behind the wheel driving.