14 Hour Pre-licensing Course (18+ years older)
Please see our schedule of classes for the dates of our 14 Hour Pre-licensing Course. Traditional face-to-face classes are usually from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Cost: $400 (Money Order, debit/credit card, or PayPal)
Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections Office of Motor Vehicles requires anyone 18 years of age or older who wants to get a driver’s license must take a 14 Hour Pre-licensing Course, which includes 6 hours of in-class instruction and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel driving and to complete a Road Skills Test.
The 14 Hour Pre-licensing course includes the following:
- Basic rules and regulations
- Specific proactive/defensive driving techniques
- Prepares the student for the Knowledge Exam. The Knowledge Exam now replaces the computer test once taken at the DMV.
- ROAD SKILLS TEST (Additional $40 administration fee and $10 fee for certified vehicle/administrator/insurance). This is payable the day the Road Skills Test is taken.
Classes offered (We work with your schedule as much as possible)
- Saturdays (9 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.) Traditional face-to-face class
- After successfully passing the 6 hours of in-class instruction, including the written test (Knowledge Skills Test), we will schedule your 8 hours of behind-the-wheel driving.
Important notice: Anyone 15 to 17 years of age wanting to acquire their license must take the 38 Basic Driving Course, which includes 30 hours of in-class instruction and 8 hours of behind the wheel driving.