30 Hours of Classroom Instruction + 8 Hours of One-on-One Driving
Price: $475 (cash or money order)
$490 (debit or credit card)
Classes are held from 8:30 A.M.-4:00 P.M. each day of scheduled courses (unless listed otherwise). On the first day of class, a State-Mandated Parent Orientation meeting will be held at 7:30 A.M.
We are a certified 3rd Party Testing facility and will administer the Road Skills Test to your student. We use our licensed vehicle and insurance for this test.
The Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles now requires each student to take the Road Skills Test with the school with which they completed their 38 hour course. You cannot go to the OMV any more to take the Road Skills Test.
Our 30 hour class includes:
- 9 detailed lessons that teach in depth laws, signs, and safety rules that are integral to being a safe, defensive driver.
- Degreed/certified/experienced instructor who enjoys working with teenagers
- Constant learning environment that fosters confidence in each student
- Reviews after each section to ensure students understand the material
- Practice tests and the final examination.
- Driving instruction tailored to each student’s individual experience and capabilities.
- Each student drives one-on-one with the highly trained instructor for 2 hours each day for 4 driving sessions.
- The student’s driving experience and training will gradually increase in difficulty from a rural, highway, interstate, and city driving.
- The ROAD SKILLS TEST (additional $50) is administered for 17 year olds or after a 16 year old has held their permit for 180 days.
Our Drivers and Instructors:
- David Bass has enjoyed 16 years of working with teen drivers, who are excellent examples of caring, competent, and confident drivers throughout this geographic area.
- Dr. Linda Ruth Bass has retired from 40 years of being a classroom teacher, principal, and superintendent of schools. She is a certified classroom instructor and behind-the-wheel driving instructor.
- Mr. Scott Griffith is a 25+ year retired teacher from DeSoto Parish Schools with years of working with teenagers and individuals.
- Emily Bass Nycum graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism/Public Relations from Northwestern State University. After a successful career with Nestle’ and Kraft Foods, she joined the family business as the full-time classroom instructor. She has a great personality and is able to relate to the students to keep them engaged and participatory. She frequently brings in guest speakers to talk with the students about insurance, high risk behavior, and new laws that will effect their futures behind the wheel.
- Ms. Donna McClure is an experienced cross-country 18 wheeler driver. She brings a rich background of knowledge and expertise for our students.
- Ms. Pamela Schmidt is a retired English teacher who taught many years at Caddo Magnet High School. Ms. Schmidt helps with classroom instruction and is loved by our students.